Pete’s Blog

by pete

What Kit do I need to commission MVHR systems?

Posted by on Feb 26, 2019 in Pete's Blog | Comments Off

We get asked this frequently, and the answer depends a lot on how much work you expect to do and what level.  You need a capture hood to get any sort of accuracy at all, but there are three main types:: The basic  is the Testo or Airflow anemometers, Testo better built.  What you have to recognize with these hoods is that they are seriously affected by turbulence, so if you put them on a supply terminal designed to give a jet your readings will be seriously out – BSRIA have done a report on this. Extract ok.  The other main issue with them is that they cannot measure much above 60 m3/h (~20...

Read More